To celebrate the Chinese New Year, entries are now open for ‘The Construction Industry Dragon Boat Challenge, in aid of CRASH charity’ – one of the biggest events for the construction industry, organised by Gable Events and sponsored by Building Magazine.
Taking place on Thursday 20th June at West Reservoir, London, this year’s race will welcome 40 teams from across the industry in a battle to be crowned ‘The Construction Industry Dragon Boat Champion 2019’.
Dragon Boat racing is the fastest growing water activity in Britain today – as well as being the most fun. Up to 10 people paddle each boat with a drummer at the front beating time and our helm at the tail steering a straight course. No previous experience is required, just plenty of team spirit.
This action-filled afternoon is an unmissable opportunity for team-building, whether you’re welcoming new employees or thanking your team and key clients. Taking part will give your company a unique opportunity to challenge your peers on the water, build relationships and build your network whilst supporting your industry charity.
Kate Marsh, Senior Partnership Manager at CRASH charity said:
‘‘Last year’s 20th anniversary event raised over £24,000 for CRASH to help homelessness charities and hospices with life-changing building projects, creating places that care for people when they are most in need.’’
‘‘Your support enabled CRASH to help Winchester Churches Nightshelter refurbish their new move-on accommodation ‘Ben’s House,’ providing four homeless people with a much-needed home after their stay at the Nightshelter.’’
‘‘It also enabled CRASH to help Halton Haven Hospice install a new roof on their conservatory, meaning people with life-limiting illnesses can now enjoy special time with their family and friends, out of their bed and away from their room.’’
Places have already been snapped up for 2019 by companies not wanting to miss out; join Building, Balfour Beatty and reigning champions Morgan Sindall, hoping to hang on to the much-coveted crown for a fourth year.
Hundreds of companies have already discovered the sport’s team building benefits and raised much-needed funds for CRASH so why not be part of it? With bankside entertainment and hospitality, a fabulous day-out is guaranteed.
Secure your team place in a few easy steps:
- Recruit between 11-15 of your colleagues per boat to take part (all abilities welcomed, multiple teams per company encouraged) and choose a team name worthy of first place.
- Complete the booking form and return it with payment to the event organisers, Gable Events, or visit: www.dragonboatfestivals.co.uk/building
- Set up a fundraising page in aid of CRASH – we ask each team to raise a minimum of £300 sponsorship.
- Turn up on Thursday 20th June ready to race!
The crew options are:
- Platinum crew – £1,750 + vat plus £600 CRASH donation (£2,700.00) and includes: all the benefits of standard entry, company logo on each side of one boat, half page advert in souvenir programme, team photo and acknowledgment on the Challenge website, crew managers pack, results board and commentary.
- Premier crew – £1,150 + vat plus £400 CRASH donation (£1,780.00) and includes: all the benefits of standard entry and acknowledgment on the Challenge website, crew managers pack, souvenir programme and results board.
- Standard crew – £1,150 + vat plus £200 CRASH donation (£1,580.00)
All teams will benefit from:
- High class venue and facilities
- Qualified helms, dragon boats and racing equipment
- At least 2 races per crew
- Speciality BBQ
- Bankside entertainments
- Colour souvenir programme
CRASH would like to thank the event organisers Gable Events and sponsors Building Magazine for their continued generosity and support of CRASH charity.