CRASH Privacy Statement
CRASH charity understands and respects the importance of your privacy and we are committed to safeguarding your personal information. In providing a service to you, we collect personal information from you and this policy outlines how we treat your personal data after it has been collected by any of our channels which include our website.
This is central to our values as an organisation. We want everyone who supports CRASH, or who comes to us for support, to feel confident about how any personal information they share will be looked after or used.
CRASH may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 16.5.18.
You can be confident that:
- We only use personal information in the ways we need to and that is expected of us.
- We will use your data to keep you up to date with our work, this will include our quarterly newsletter and, promoting our fundraising activities.
- We will only use your personal information to do this if you have previously told us that’s OK.
- We will make it easy for you to tell us how you want us to communicate with you, including how to opt out from future communications.
- We will never release your information to organisations outside CRASH for their marketing purposes.
- We will be especially careful and sensitive when engaging with vulnerable people or those we have reason to believe might be vulnerable
- We take all reasonable care to safeguard your personal information through security policies and secure business processes.
- We will always provide easy ways for you to contact us so we can answer any queries you have, at any time.
How we collect personal information about you.
We may collect personal information from you when you interact with CRASH. There are many occasions when this could happen, for example: if you enquire about our activities, register with us for further information or newsletters, make a donation to us, apply for a job or volunteering opportunity, or by giving us your business card.
What Information do we collect.
The personal information we collect might include your contact details such as name, email address, postal address, telephone number and credit/debit card details (if you are making a donation), as well as information you provide in any correspondence between us.
We also gather general information about the use of our websites, such as which pages users visit most often and which services, events or facilities are of most interest. We may also track which pages users visit when they click on links in CRASH emails. We may use this information to personalise the way our websites are presented when users visit them, to make improvements to our websites and to ensure we provide the best service for users. Wherever possible we use aggregated or anonymous information which does not identify individual visitors to our websites.
How do we use personal information?
CRASH’s lawful basis for processing personal information is through Legitimate Interest. What this means is CRASH will process your personal information in a way that you would understand and reasonably expect.
For example, we may use your personal information to:
- Provide or administer information relating to all our charitable activities: updating you with important administrative messages, to help us identify you when you contact us, and help us to properly maintain our records;
- Improve your experience with us. We may use your information to enhance the service that our staff provide, to fulfil your gift aid declarations, to improve our information and communications, or to personalise the website to better suit your needs;
- Provide you with information about our plans. This may be letting you know about new or enhanced activities that we hope will be useful and interesting to you, and may include fundraising updates; we will only do this with your consent and where we believe you will expect to be updated and contacted by us. You can of course ask us at any time to change how we contact you, simply contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- We may need to disclose your information if required to do so by law (for example, to comply with applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice or in response to a valid request from a competent authority).
We’d like to keep all our valued supporters up to date with our progress. So, to update you on what we’re doing and ask whether you’d be able to support us, we’d like to keep in touch with you (by post, phone, email) about our activities and how you can continue to help us in this our important work.
Please be reassured that respect lies at the heart of everything our committed staff and volunteers do: we respect any information that you share with us and you can change your mind and remove or add your consent at any time, by simply contacting us on email@example.com. If you believe there is an issue with the way CRASH is handling your information you have the right to complain to the ICO.
Who sees your personal information?
The personal information we collect about you will be used by our staff at CRASH and possibly to legal and regulatory authorities if required to by law.
We will never sell or share your personal information with organisations so that they can contact you for any marketing activities. Nor do we sell any information about your web browsing activity.
Your Information Security
We take the security of your personal information extremely seriously.
We’ve implemented appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information we have under our control, both on and off-line, from improper access, use, alteration, destruction and loss.
And, we only keep it as long as is reasonable and necessary, which may be to fulfil statutory obligations (for example, the collection of Gift Aid).
CRASH retains personal information for six years. After this time period CRASH will review your information to determine whether to keep, archive or delete your personal information. This decision will depend on your involvement and activity with CRASH over the course of the six years. You can of course ask us at any time to change how we contact you, simply contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How to update your personal information
You may ask us at any time to update your details, correct or remove information you think is inaccurate by:
Writing: CRASH, The Gatehouse, 2 Devonhurst Place, London W4 2LJ
Telephone: 020 8742 0717
The site will work exactly the same without cookies but some pages (such as the project list and the list of CRASH supporters) will always take a few seconds longer to display.
If you have any concern at all about the way we respect your privacy, do please let us know by contacting the CRASH office on email@example.com