Picnic for CRASH this Summer
Top tips from VolkerFitzpatrick on running your own Football fundraising activity
Organise a football fundraiser in aid of CRASH this year.
Last year VolkerFitzpatrick raised over £10,000 by organising a football fundraiser and inviting the whole company, clients, and their supply chain to take part and enjoy the competition. Don’t be put off if you’re not a sports fan, it wasn’t a football fanatic who ended up on top of the leader board and the winner of a flat screen TV!
It’s the ultimate company-wide competition and fun for all to participate in:
- Inclusive (non-football fans encouraged to take part)
- Healthy Competition
- Take part from anywhere – join in from the office, site or at home
- Easy to organise and promotes collaboration
- Giving back and supporting a shared cause
Once you’ve decided how your football competition will work either by score predications or a sweepstake, VolkerFitzpatrick have gathered their top tips on how to make it a success:
- Decide on the competition element, it could be score predictions, club positions in the final table or a sweepstake.
- Allocate people jobs using their skills set e.g., we had a football fan do a MS form for people to enter their predictions or someone creative to design the poster
- Suggest a set entry fee donation for everyone participating and create an online giving page
- Create posters for the site’s office notice boards, send out emails from the directors, publish on your intranet/ yammer/ LinkedIn, etc
- Open the competition to supply chain, friends and family – it is inclusive, as anyone can participate (we have had people that don’t like football win first prize!)
- Promote it in advance of the Premier League games – we split the September to May season into 2 parts with prizes for each, to keep it exciting.
- Send each person a copy of their own predictions, so they can watch the games with their prediction in mind and cheer accordingly!
- Send out monthly or weekly leader board to create office banter and healthy competition
- Seek sponsorship from your supply chain for prizes – we had a SMART 50” TV as first prize, wine and champagne for runners up and a ‘last place’ wooden spoon
- Promote the winners – with photos of them and their prizes – great incentive to run it again
- Have fun!
The Premier League 2021/22 starts on 12th August 2021 – 22nd May 2022.
Simply guess which teams will win or draw their matches. The season will be split into four parts and first predictions and your donation must be made by 6th August 2021 via the link above.