OFF-SITE DJ Night
Top tips from VolkerFitzpatrick on running your own Football fundraising activity
Organise a football fundraiser in aid of CRASH this year.
Last year VolkerFitzpatrick raised over £10,000 by organising a football fundraiser and inviting the whole company, clients, and their supply chain to take part and enjoy the competition. Don’t be put off if you’re not a sports fan, it wasn’t a football fanatic who ended up on top of the leader board and the winner of a flat screen TV!
It’s the ultimate company-wide competition and fun for all to participate in:
- Inclusive (non-football fans encouraged to take part)
- Healthy Competition
- Take part from anywhere – join in from the office, site or at home
- Easy to organise and promotes collaboration
- Giving back and supporting a shared cause
Once you’ve decided how your football competition will work either by score predications or a sweepstake, VolkerFitzpatrick have gathered their top tips on how to make it a success:
- Decide on the competition element, it could be score predictions, club positions in the final table or a sweepstake.
- Allocate people jobs using their skills set e.g., they had a football fan do a MS form for people to enter their predictions or someone creative to design the poster
- Suggest a set entry fee donation for everyone participating and create an online giving page
- Create posters for the site’s office notice boards, send out emails from the directors, publish on your intranet/ yammer/ LinkedIn, etc
- Open the competition to supply chain, friends and family – it is inclusive, as anyone can participate (they have had people that don’t like football win first prize!)
- Promote it in advance of the games – for the premier league competition, they split the September to May season into 2 parts with prizes for each, to keep it exciting.
- Send each person a copy of their own predictions, so they can watch the games with their prediction in mind and cheer accordingly!
- Send out monthly or weekly leader board to create office banter and healthy competition
- Seek sponsorship from your supply chain for prizes – they had a SMART 50” TV as first prize, wine and champagne for runners up and a ‘last place’ wooden spoon
- Promote the winners – with photos of them and their prizes – great incentive to run it again
- Have fun!
The Premier League 2022/23 starts on 5th August.
The Women’s Super League 2022/23 begins on 3rd September.
And don’t forget, it’s a World Cup year! To be the first to hear about World Cup fundraiser’s in aid of CRASH, make sure you are signed up to our monthly newsletter.