CRASH Newsletter: November 2023
CRASH Charity is hiring!
Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of people who have experienced homelessness and those in need of hospice care? Are you eager to explore the charitable sector and contribute to social impact initiatives? If so, this Charity Support Assistant position at CRASH could be the perfect opportunity for you.
As a Charity Support Assistant, you will play a vital role in supporting CRASH’s mission to provide assistance to the homeless and individuals requiring hospice care. You will learn various aspects of charity administration work, helping you gain valuable insights into the sector. The position is based in Central London and provides a chance to work in a self-motivated and supportive team environment.
Charity Support Assistant
No agencies. Applicants must be able to travel to central London office 3 days a week.
About the role
- Full time
- Hybrid working – with at least three days a week in the Central London office, with flexibility for additional office days when required
- 25 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays
- Subject to six-month probationary period
- Salary: £24- 27K depending on experience plus 5% pension contribution
- General Administrative Support: Provide assistance with various administrative tasks to ensure the efficient functioning of the charity.
- Creating Social Impact Reports: Collaborate with the Partnerships Manager to develop social impact reports that highlight the positive change brought about by Corporate Patrons contributions.
- Data Maintenance: Assist in organising and maintaining donor information, ensuring that CRASH can effectively engage with supporters and potential donors.
- Gift Aid Claims: Prepare Gift Aid claims for donations, maximizing the value of contributions and supporting the charity’s financial sustainability.
- Social Media Support: Aid in managing CRASH’s social media presence, ensuring regular and engaging content to raise awareness and encourage support.
- Raffle Prize Sourcing: Help source raffle prizes for fundraising events, contributing to the success of charity fundraising.
- Coordinating Meetings and Project Visits: Organise and set up meetings or project visits to facilitate communication between CRASH and its stakeholders.
- Patron and Donor Certificate Preparation: Prepare certificates to acknowledge and appreciate the commitment of patrons and donors.
- Assisting at CRASH Events: Participate in and support the smooth running of CRASH events, promoting the charity’s cause and engaging with attendees.
- Run for Charity Relationships: Draft content and communications to promote running events. Manage relationships with individuals participating in fundraising runs to ensure their needs are met and encourage continued support.
- Award Evenings Assistance: Assist in preparing for attendance at London based award evenings and charitable collections. This may be outside of working hours and you will received time of in lieu to compensate.
- Website Updates: Help update the charity’s website including compelling case studies, showcasing the positive impact of CRASH’s work.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A team player with a proactive approach and a willingness to take initiative.
- Strong administrative skills and computer literacy. Confident with Office365, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
- Strong attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Genuine interest in learning about how a charity functions.
- A positive and hardworking attitude with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Familiarity with social media platforms is desirable but not mandatory.
How to apply:
CRASH is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity and inclusion.
Join our team at CRASH and make a meaningful impact to the lives of those in need while exploring a rewarding career in the charitable sector.
Send your CV and a covering letter addressed to Francesca Roberts, Chief Executive of CRASH. Outline your motivation and relevant experience for the role and what you would like to gain from the experience of working at the charity. Email to Lucie Gillard firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date Monday 21st August 2023 at 9am.