CRASH assists homelessness charities and hospices with construction related projects. We are unique in the way we create, renovate and construct caring environments for vulnerable people by:
- Offering free of charge professional expertise and advice sourced from our Patron companies
- Sourcing building materials and providing the technical knowledge to use them
- Awarding cash grants
If you are a homelessness charity and would like assistance with your building project please read the criteria below and fill out a CRASH Projects Application Form. Please call CRASH to discuss your project before submitting your application and we will be happy to receive your calls and answer any questions you have. Contact: Claire English, Projects and Resources Manager on 0208 742 0717.
NB: If you are a hospice charity and would like assistance with your building project please contact Claire English, Projects and Resources Manager on 0208 742 0717 to discuss as our application form is in the process of being updated.
Completed applications and supplementary information should be emailed to the following address: email@example.com.
CRASH can only accept application forms electronically.– Please do not post your application.
How CRASH can help
We offer help in three ways
1) Professional expertise, CRASH can assist by offering free of charge professional expertise and advice sourced from our Patron companies to help you develop your project. This can include a number of professions and areas of specialism within the industry – from architects, quantity surveyors, project managers to specialist engineers. The earlier you involve us the more we are likely to be able to contribute. For example if you want to run your vision by one of our Project Advisors they can help you to identify what you will need, and what you should prioritise to inform your project brief for architects, contractors or funders.
2) Building materials free of charge from our list of Patron or supporting suppliers
3) Cash Grants CRASH give small cash grants, ranging from £5,000 – £50,000. It is important to us that we enhance any cash grant by contributing in the other ways described above, but we also understand that there will be some cases where charities need a small amount of funds to help them complete a discrete job within their building. We work collaboratively with charities on all of the projects we support.
Please call CRASH in advance of your application to discuss the ways in which CRASH may most benefit your project.
Please click here to see examples of some recent projects which CRASH has supported .
How to Apply
All applications should be made to CRASH by submitting an application form by email.
We advise that you call us in advance of submitting an application to discuss your project and the ways in which CRASH may be able to help.
Once we have received an application form, CRASH will arrange to visit your project if the project is eligible for our support.
We aim to arrange a visit within 1 – 2 months of receiving your application.
CRASH supports building projects for Homelessness Charities and Hospices in the UK.
Charity status: Your organisation must be a registered UK charity with the Charity Commission in England, Wales or Northern Ireland or a registered Scottish Charity.
Legal Hold: Your charity must have a legal interest in the building in question, unless your application is relating to professional advice regarding a building you are considering leasing or buying.
Homelessness Charities are eligible for support if they own the Freehold on the building, or have a lease with a minimum of 5 years left to run.
Hospices are eligible for support if they own the Freehold on the building, or have a lease with a minimum of 10 years left to run.
Use: The building is used to deliver services to single homeless men and women over the age of 18, or to provide Hospice Care for people of all ages.