CRASH and volunteers return to The Concrete Society Awards
Construction industry reaches BIG March halfway point
The BIG March is halfway through, it has been a fantastic two weeks, and the great thing about it – the challenge is not over yet!
Come rain, wind and snow, committed supporters of CRASH charity have been busy putting their best foot forward and completing 10,000 steps every day in March to fundraise and build awareness of CRASH’s vital work, helping homelessness charities and hospices with their construction projects.
From getting steps in on the golf course to long weekend treks with the family, thank you to those marching to support people who are homeless or children and adults receiving hospice care.
The BIG March is a brilliant opportunity to come together as a team to complete a collective challenge, promoting health and well-being and giving back to a shared cause. The aim is to take part and mindfully increase your usual daily step count. Those who are yet to join in, are encouraged to march for the remaining two weeks of the challenge.
With the homestretch around the corner, the CRASH team has put together top tips for upping your step-count and being a fundraising hero. Take a look at them below and be sure to share with CRASH Charity on social media how you’re getting your steps in…
Clock up extra steps
- Take the long route walking to the office like Francesca
- Invite your family on a long weekend trek and improve your daily average like Lucie
- Waiting for your cup of tea to brew? March on the spot for two minutes like Christian
- If you’re commuting via train, alight a station early and walk the rest of your journey like Hannah
- Take the parking spot furthest away at the supermarket like Niamh
- Clock up some steps gardening like Ella
Be a fundraising hero
- Double your impact – ask your company if they would generously match the donations raised by colleagues
- Introduce a BIG March leader board to encourage some healthy competition in your team, you could even add a penalty donation for anyone who hasn’t hit the 10,000 step average!
- Share your fundraising page far and wide on social media #theBIGmarch