CRASH Newsletter: November 2023
CRASH Newsletter: March 2022 issue.
1. CRASH welcomes Glazing Vision Ltd as a Corporate Patron
Glazing Vision Ltd, global pioneers in superlative architectural glass rooflight solutions, has joined CRASH as a Corporate Patron to support our work with homelessness charities and hospices. They will bring quality, innovation, and a wealth of knowledge to help construct places that care for people when they’re at their most vulnerable
“We wanted to be involved in something in which we could use our expertise and we have found that in CRASH. I know that all our staff will embrace our involvement and come up with ingenious initiatives to generate awareness and funds for the worthwhile causes CRASH gets involved with.”
Group Managing Director at Glazing Vision
2. You’re invited to take part in The Construction Industry Dragon Boat Challenge, raising vital funds for CRASH with every entry
Will you join us for an afternoon of team-building fun and friendly competition on Thursday 19th May in London? Team places are over halfway to selling out, so secure your team today and you’ll have plenty of time to recruit your team members (and decide on your fancy dress!) later. This popular fundraising event is open to everyone so don’t worry if you haven’t taken part before – that’s even more reason to try something new!
Every entry fee includes a donation to CRASH charity, so by taking part your company will help to construct places that care for people.
3. When action combines with compassion, lives change
“If our hopes of building a better and safer world are to become more than wishful thinking, we will need the engagement of volunteers more than ever.”
At CRASH, we are very fortunate to have construction professionals who volunteer their time and expertise, as well as companies who donate their construction products, to help homelessness charities and hospices with vital building projects. We could not do the work we do without your dedication to making a difference.
In celebration of our fantastic supporters, here is a taster of how CRASH Corporate Patrons have contributed to some of our charity projects in March:
- AECOM provided structural engineering services to homelessness charity Winchester Beacon.
- Arcadis provided a project advisor to accompany CRASH on a project visit to a hospice in London.
- Beale & Co donated their time to advise a hospice in Surrey.
- British Gypsum donated construction products to Emmaus North-East, where we are renovating two flats, creating accommodation for five formerly homeless people.
- Cundall, Imtech, JNP Group and London Building Control have all committed to providing their expertise and services on the refurbishment project at Emmaus Village Carlton.
- Geberit donated sanitaryware to refurbish a bathroom at Emmaus Coventry, a home for formerly homeless people.
- Masterson Holdings have committed to helping a homelessness charity in Brighton by replacing fire doors.
- REDS10 donated their expertise in modular construction to a homelessness charity in Rotherham.
- VolkerFitzpatrick provided engineering, surveying, and project management expertise on a project to refurbish a building at Emmaus Village Carlton.