CRASH and volunteers return to The Concrete Society Awards
Proud to be part of it: CRASH Corporate Patrons gather to celebrate and reflect on the last year
CRASH has been the construction’s industry charity since 1996, founded by Tony Denison and sustained and developed thanks to the generosity of the industry. The CRASH Corporate Patrons’ Reception is an opportunity to reflect on the last year and celebrate the outstanding achievements of our Corporate Patrons, and exceptional individuals who have gone above and beyond to help CRASH construct places that care for people.
AECOM generously sponsored the event, with over 100 guests from Corporate Patrons and supporters gathering at their London office to celebrate the past year with CRASH.
The venues panoramic views showed off London’s evolving skyline, as Richard Whitehead, MD Buildings and Places at AECOM, welcomed guests to the 16th floor of Aldgate Tower. Alan Brookes, Chairman of CRASH and Global COO at Arcadis, expressed his sincere thanks to the CRASH team and congratulated Francesca Roberts, Chief Executive at CRASH on an incredible 15-year anniversary of leading the charity.
“A superb reception recognising the important work of CRASH and its’ Corporate Patrons in supporting the vital work of homelessness charities and hospices. The need has never been greater in these challenging times, but the construction industry continues to rise to the challenge and make a genuine difference to people’s’ lives.”
Global COO at Arcadis
CRASH is proud to have a network of 36 Corporate Patrons and this year, 4 celebrated a milestone in their commitment to CRASH’s work with homelessness charities and hospices.
The Loyalty Awards
- 20 Years as a Corporate Patron: BAM Construct UK
- 20 Years as a Corporate Patron: Imtech Engineering Services
- 20 Years as a Corporate Patron: Taylor Wimpey
- 15 Years as a Corporate Patron: Arcadis
The Above and Beyond Awards were presented to those who have gone the extra mile to support our work.
- CRASH Corporate Patron of the Year – Exceptional Fundraising: VolkerFitzpatrick
- CRASH Corporate Patron of the Year – Donating the most products: Geberit
- CRASH Corporate Patron of the Year – Donating the most professional expertise: Cundall
- CRASH Corporate Patron of the Year – Outstanding contribution to charity projects: Arcadis
“The annual CRASH Corporate Patrons’ reception is one of my favourite events in the industry calendar. It is wonderful to see so many of our Corporate Patrons’ together and thank them for going above and beyond to support our work with homelessness charities and hospices. Corporate Patrons underpin every project CRASH undertakes and without them, our work would simply not be possible.’’
Chief Executive at CRASH
Guests were proud to hear how their professional expertise, products and fundraising have made a difference to people’s lives, and although there to celebrate the past year, the current cost-of-living crisis and its effects on homelessness charities and hospices could not be ignored, with both Alan and Francesca expressing their concerns related to increased homelessness, rising energy bills and its impact on running costs for homelessness charities and hospices. Our work is more important than ever.
Special thanks to…
- AECOM for hosting and sponsoring the reception at their London office
- The generous charities who featured in our thank you video
- Construction Photographer Mike O’Dwyer for donating his time and expertise